As a child many of us remember the soft gooey sweet Fig Newtons that came in a pack with two rows. The downside to those yummy “treats” were the number of calories, sugar and preservatives contained in this nostalgic snack. The other day I was out shopping for foods on the African Bio Mineral Balance Nutritional Guide when I came across a small carton of Black Figs, so I decided to make Fig Newtons… but decided to call them Fig Fosters, because I never knew who Newton was.
- 3/4 cup Spelt
- 1/4 cup Teff Flour
- 4 tbsp Raw Agave
- 1 dash Ground Clove
- 1 cup Black Figs
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- Spring water to consistency
- Rinse figs well, remove the stems and process in a food processor into a paste
- Add the flours together with Salt and a dash of Ground Clove. Whisk.
- Add Raw Agave. Whisk in the dry ingredients.
- Add Spring Water – little by little, until a dough is formed.
- Roll into a log.
- Flatten with a rolling pin
- Add Fig mix to the center with a spoon. Be sure to keep it in the center of log.
- Fold closed. Press gently to stick closed.
- Flip the seam to the bottom.
- Use hands to smooth and shape into 1 long Foster
- Bake at 350 for 10 mins.
- Let cool. Cut into individual Fosters of a size you chose.
- Serve with Hemp Milk and watch them disappear!
AN ELECTRIC JOURNEY GIVE-A-WAY PRIZE PACKAGE
SIGN UP TO WIN AN ELECTRIC JOURNEY GIVE-A-WAY PACKAGE! WIN AN ELECTRIC JOURNEY ECOURSE, ONE-ON-ONE ONLINE COACHING SESSION, 15 ALKALINE HERBS, 2 COOKBOOKS, A CUISINART FOOD PROCESSOR & A HOT LOGIC PERSONAL PORTABLE OVEN. WE WANT TO SEE YOU BECOME YOUR HEALTHIEST SELF! WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON FRIDAY, JULY 21ST AT 7:00PM ON FACEBOOK LIVE!