- ¼ cup hydrated Water Kefir Grains
- ¼ cup sugar – organic preferred (optional)
- 1 quart of coconut water
- Add ¼ cup of sugar to the jar, if using.
- Add coconut water to the jar.
- Stir thoroughly to dissolve the sugar.
- Add ¼ cup of kefir grains to the sweetened coconut water.
- Cover with a plastic lid, cloth cover or Fermentation Cap.
- Let sit for 24-48 hours – no longer than 72 hours or the grains will begin to disintegrate.
- Coconut water kefir is like tangy coconut water. If the sugar is omitted, taste it after 24 hours. If using the ¼ cup of sugar, allow for 48 hours.Once the grains are removed, you may add flavors for a second fermentation or drink straight.
- Repeat & enjoy!
For comprehensive meal planning for more plant based meals and on-line support take a look at the eCourse
Find out how to recover from a hangover in record time.