This is cheese sauce is the BUSINESS! It’s creamy, smooth, and buttery.
Yields about: 2/3 cup
- 3/4 cup unsweetened, unflavored almond milk (or more as needed to thin out)
- 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Earth Balance or other non-dairy buttery spread
- 1 tbsp Vegenaise (non soy)
- 1 tbsp spelt flour (or other flour)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste (cheese is slightly salty)
Note: If calories are not an issue for an occasional boost in flavor, a tbsp of Vegenaise mayo replacement truly sets the cheesy flavor in motion, but is equally amazing without it and ensures a lower calorie count.
1. In a skillet or pot, melt the Earth Balance over medium heat.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the spelt flour and milk until all clumps are gone.
3. Add milk & flour mixture and curry powder to pot and whisk well. Reduce heat to low-medium.
4. Add Dijon, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste and whisk frequently until the sauce thickens up, for about 5 minutes. If it’s still too thin you can add more flour to achieve the thickness you desire. To reheat: reheat in the microwave or on the stove-top (add a splash of milk if it’s too thick) and whisk well. Store in an air-tight container for up to 5-7 days.
For comprehensive meal planning and on-line support take a look at the eCourse
AN ELECTRIC JOURNEY GIVE-A-WAY PRIZE PACKAGE
SIGN UP TO WIN AN ELECTRIC JOURNEY GIVE-A-WAY PACKAGE! WIN AN ELECTRIC JOURNEY ECOURSE, ONE-ON-ONE ONLINE COACHING SESSION, 15 ALKALINE HERBS, 2 COOKBOOKS, A CUISINART FOOD PROCESSOR & A HOT LOGIC PERSONAL PORTABLE OVEN. WE WANT TO SEE YOU BECOME YOUR HEALTHIEST SELF! WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON FRIDAY, JULY 21ST AT 7:00PM ON FACEBOOK LIVE!